Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Indonesia, Bali - On the road to Amed

Amed is one of those exotic coastal towns tucked away off the main road...unfortunately it is not far enough to have people forget that it's there. Too bad.

The road to Amed, however, is just the opposite. No one around for hours and lots of good cheap places to eat. Check out these images of the journey.

Pics 1-11 are the places we stopped along the way to let the panoramic scenery embrace us. You can't help but stop and enjoy these views, even as the occasional ten-ton trucks filled with scrap metal race down hill and scrape your elbow.

Pic 12. Chris enjoying the tropical life. Oh, and a juice too.

13-15 is the place we stayed. And...our friendly neighborhood spider friend. I wanted to get something in the picture for scale because this thing was the size of a dollar coin. We'll see much, much bigger size spiders later.

16-21 pictures of the Amed harbor. Forget all your troubles here, many do. Also, apparently, a remarkable location to collect rare sea glass. Lots of blues and teals.

22. Breakfast time Amed style: no commitments.

23-32. We spent a day riding just for fun. Like married parents with a date night itch, we left everything behind and just blew off all notions of being over the age of six. Liberation!

33-35. Let me talk seriously to you for a moment. I love burritos. Now my father would tell you that you can only love a person. I disagree, I love burritos. Seriously. It was the last thing I ate back in the States and something I would pay bottom dollar to eat again. That being said, this meal is what I expected - a hodgepodge of fluey and pazzaz. That is, not much. Though the Balinese burrito will not be winning any "best of" awards soon, the attempt was appreciated. I shiver to think when I'll see a sign like this again. But then I had a bite and thought: maybe that's a good thing.

36. We played a game of chess as we ate. Can you spot my tactic? Mate in one move.

37. The entrance to our bungalow at night. You can't see it, but there is an excellent pull up branch in that tree that will not be soon forgotten.

That's it for now. Only plan on being on Bali for a short time more. Tune in again soon to see how far we trek!

Love you all,

-A









































































No comments:

Post a Comment