Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Indonesia, Java - The Small City Town Of Singaraja

What dry season? The island has been raining for days now and I can't stand it. Not because I mind the rain, I don't. However, cycling through narrow wet roads with a weighted bike, up and down hills against SUV drivers who insist on playing chicken with my life (cars drifting into my lane to pass slower traffic in theirs) sucks.

Sorry to those following me on Strava; I have not kept the app going since I am keeping my mobile device inconveniently located yet dry. On a map, we've ridden about 100 km from Amed on the East to the North tip of the Island.

We're spending the night in Singaraja. Not a welcoming town, the whole place looked like it was staged to shoot an X-Files monster of the week episode. Didn't even want to take my camera out, and neither did Chris. Got here at twilight last night, and its just as shady here in the morning.

Pic: Dinner at the local's market tends to be better food. No deviation here, our home made soup was fantastic! And a free breakfast from our Hotel? I could maybe get used to this City if I were the fellow to carry a gun.





No comments:

Post a Comment