Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Indonesia, Java - Car Free Day, The "Beach," And A Free Arts Show - Not Bad Jakarta!

Ah yes, I'm loving it here. And I've made it official, Rio is my Indonesian brother from another mother.

Car free day is just that. The main road get shut down and the crowds come ready with everything from bikes to rollerblades. Even a little early morning cumbia work out stage, haha! Good to hear that Latin music again.

We departed for the beach soon after, to relax in the shade. It's not a real beach of course. Well, real in the sense that it exists, fake in the sense that its man made. Still lovely.

And the arts show. Apparently I am very lucky to come this weekend. The visual art portion is composed of all local artists and the band line up is something amazing, especially doing it all for free! Any other time and my pockets would have been broken. I must say that it was out of the ordinary for me to sit down and enjoy a concert on the floor. That's why when PureSaturday, the main band, came on stage, I was all ready to jump up and push in toward the stage in front of the rest of the rising fans. Excellent music, what a great free day to have had.

-A

Ps. Rio, friends, and mom are among the best people on this Earth.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment