Monday, April 1, 2013

Indonesia, Java - Hey, Hey Man - You Can't Do That!

Hello,

Just a quick message to myself that I want to share with you.

People tell us not to do so many of the things that turned out to be some of the best moments of my trip. "You can't ride up Mt. Bromo on bike, it's too steep and the roads are bad." Shut it. "Going that way is no good, you'll get lost." I don't want to hear it. "Riding into Jakarta is suicide." I'm still here.

I don't condone breaking the rules, just perceptions. Assumptions and presumptions too. If you're telling people they can't do something, please ease up. And if you're shying away from reaching your personal goal because of what someone told you, please go out and try it. The worst thing you can do is fail. So what? Everyone fails. You, me, them.

I don't mean to be this preachy so early in the morning, just glad and happy that my bike and I arrived safely in Jakarta. Thanks for the package Mom!!

Love you all,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment