Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Indonesia, Java - For My Archeo Peeps

Yes, I have not posted for a while. So I'll keep this short just to get the ball rolling again. I'll also make a few posts with just pictures to play catch up. And, what better way to get back into the blogger swing of things, than to dedicate this post to my many and friendly museum peeps because I finally made it into one! Ok, here we go...

Im used to not seeing the Sun now, when I wake up. Getting up before the first crack of light even has a chance to enter the single paned window above my bed has been a sort of staple along this tour. Whether its been getting dressed under moonlight to go climb volcanos or brushing my teeth in the dark before a 150+km uphill ride out, the Sun's rays no longer dictate my awakenings. If only my parents could see me now - a complete reversal from when I was child, when they would wrathfully wake me up in the morning to prep for grade school, and how I would habitually fall back asleep and wait for the Sun.

But here again I woke up early to catch another sunrise. Though this time it did not work out the way I had hoped. The three of us decided it would be a real cool idea to watch the changing sky from the Pranbanan temple across the street from our hotel just outside Yogyakarta.

What we didn't count on was the "park" not being open. We got to the entrance only to wait. And wait, until the employees where ready to start their work day under the already present Sun. Well, what can you do? At least I got to use my student ID card for an entrance fee discount - GO CAL BEARS!

Here are some of the pics we took. If you notice in some of the end pictures, the pieces of stone on the ground, these are some temple blocks that have archeologists scratching their heads. They don't know where to put them or how any of them fit with the rest of the complex. Bizzare. Maybe they are part of some larger underground area, like that site in South America.(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-21914135)

Anyways, I'll stop rambling and get on with it. Miss you all!

Love,
-A




















































No comments:

Post a Comment