Friday, March 28, 2014

Japan Day 7 - Making A List, Adding It Twice

Waking up in sanitized white linen sheets to a mountain set sunrise is an excellent way to begin the day. Though, something about hotel confounds, and the fact that we'repaying money in exchange, made us want to hang on to every bit of the morning inside the top floored room of the Himeji Castle Hotel.

Slow to pack, and pack again onto out bikes, we rode off sometime around ten thirty only to make a quick stop off for breakfast. Not an extravagantly long cycle today, but, two things made my all time favorites lists today. Yes!! 

Here it is. All our belongings on a hotel push cart. Not bad, I've absolutely learned how to shave off unneeded accessories and comforts. My bags are way lighter than the Indonesia tour.


 Ok mom, not the healthiest lunch. I was hungry and doesn't this look so good? Ps. It was.





On the lunch table was this little doohickey. Throw one hundred yen it's way and she'll tell you your fortune.


My sisters Aeries fortune. Uh, a little help - what does this say?


The first thing that made my list is today's route. We've now managed to escape the long reach of city's territory and finally made it into so beautiful coast side. No cars, lots of Nature, an ocean side breeze eternally brushing your left side. Ahhh, now this is wonderful.


We cycled passed many small fishing villages such as this one. I would love to spend the while day at their docks.


Another reason route 250 out of Himeji was so grand is because of the ups and downs. Even small foothills are welcome in my book. Strange enough, I admit to you that I enjoy going up hills more than I do going down them.


Ride on, ride on.


Sis and I are not carrying a GPS and a lot of what we do with directions comes part from instinct, another part from guesstimate direction. Agh, we have offline maps to aid our travels, though wouldn't you rather follow these animated suggestions?


Don't need to read Japanese to figure this one out.


Gabi is the big panetamic taker. I'll take one occasionally, like today. This is the river we followed for much of the day. I believe we are in the town of Aioi here. Lovely.


Help! I've lost my mind!


More unique manhole covers. 


Tah-dah! I present to you item number two from today's adventure that will be inducted into my all time favorite Japan moments. Here, out first real perry with Japanese street food.


 It's been all fishing communities today, so what did you expect? Call this a seven oyster, egg and cabbage omelete with mystery sauce. Hit the old taste buds so well that we ended up immediay having another. Believe it. Food was that good =)

Happy to see free pressurized air made available to cyclists anywhere. The Japanese really know how to care for cycling culture, you'd think we were in Germany.


One lonely lost rain cloud fluttered the sky in search for more of it's forgotten herd. No luck little man, keep moving. 


Sunset, Japan style.

Our camp sites are becoming easier. We really don't want to intrude on anyone so we are taking extra time out if the day to scout ideal sites. We've already learned to stay off paths because people wake up early for walks. And we don't want to be too out in the open either; i.e. In the playgrounds.

Tonight was a little difficult. Not many parks to choose from in Ako. We thought us serendipitously lucky to stumble upon an auto-campsite in our search. Perfect! Only to fill out the paperwork before realizing the camp site would cost us thirty US dollars. Didn't we used to cp in Cali for five? Agreed, we continued on and rolled the dice on another piece of fertile grass to pitch our tent. 

So, we camp in a park again. No worries. Like I said, it's getting easier and I've added two items to the list. Will another day top today? Will more street food challenge the seven oyster omelete? Time will tell...

Much much love,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment