Monday, May 6, 2013

Indonesia, Sumatra - Unexpected Sceneries

Exactly that. All sorts of tropical plants and flowers lined the streets as we rode around the mountain valleys fissured by Kerinci so many years ago.

If you were to ask me what my favorite stretch of road has been along this adventure, I would undoubtedly reply with these few days. The mountain weather is perfectly cold. Or, as it has been said by all three if us, "I could ride all day in weather like this." What's not to miss? The fog reminds me of home...

Not just the fog, mind you. The inescapable tea leave plantations that cover foothills and planes with fine cuts and maze like patterns are just the perfect backdrop to mountain touring.

The rolling hills, the cold yet comfortable weather, the warm food, it's all a cyclists paradise. I am grateful to share it with you.

-A





























No comments:

Post a Comment